MTN AND AIRTEL UGANDA: ADVOCATING FOR A CHANGE IN DATA TARIF POLICY.
I don't know whether "expiry on subscription" is the international data pricing policy save for special data bundles like Freedom bundles for MTN and Chillax bundles for Airtel users in Uganda.
I personally find this policy very unfairly costly on the side of the consumer and I believe lots of other people would agree with me if they were given a chance to speak up.
I stand to be guided on this matter but it really baffles me why it has to be this way!
I believe data bundles are no different from airtime recharge. Same thing, different purposes!
Why is it that when it comes to airtime, recharge depends on one's usage yet when it comes to data tarifs, bundles expire when subscription time expires?
Under this data policy, it does not matter whether one has utilised all the MBs they subscribed for or not, the data just expires when the time subscribed for expires.
This policy surely hinders a customer's right to get value for their money!
Here is the thing: In Uganda, we have a problem of erratic power schedules.
Besides the very painful experience of regular power cuts, there comes the pain of constantly losing shillings worth of data bundles as a result of this. Any unused megabytes disappear completely when the 24-hour window ends, meaning one loses paid value if they do not use it all.
Furthermore, users often feel pressured to use up their remaining data before expiry leading to wasteful or unnecessary browsing.
As per their vision, MTN Uganda is Inspired by the belief that everyone deserves the benefits of a modern connected life with their Strategic Vision being: To lead digitally solutions for Africa's progress (applied locally through telecommunications, digital, and financial inclusion in Uganda)
Airtel Uganda’s core mission and vision focus on transforming lives by creating a digitally connected world, bridging the digital divide, and driving inclusive socio-economic growth aligned with national frameworks like Uganda vision 2040. [1,]
MTN and Airtel are the two leading Telecom companies in the country.
I, on behalf of other silently suffering customers, request all concerned parties to put this lobby for change in data policy, into consideration.
It is one of the things you can do in order to make your visions a reality.
As Dr. Monica Musenero, the Minister of Energy and Mineral development warns the country of even more erratic power schedules, please consider making a change in data tarif policy.
Let us not be timed out. Let internet data be charged per usage.
See, even UMEME when it was still in charge of electricity distribution, introduced the Yaka billing system which saved the population from end of month surprise bills.
I am humbly requesting for something of the like: a data billing system that will make Telecom users satisfied with their respective service providers.
Let us shift away from the subscription expiry policy!
Please give us value for our little money.
I stand to be guided if what am advocating for is a dumb thing!
Thank you for your attention to this matter!
Comments
Post a Comment
Please comment